Why should you as a parent encourage your child to be as good at mathematics and stream onto the Algebra track as quickly as possible?
IN THIS VIDEO I DISCUSS:
- How we tend to label our children and the affect this can have.
- Being good at math is not about pursuing a S.T.E.M career.
- Keeping Academic Doors open.
Hightlight! It’s a tweetable!
“Being good at math is not just for pursuing S.T.E.M careers.”
KEY TAKE AWAY POINTS
- Don’t label your child with specific talents.
- Encourage math study even if they are ‘not interested’ in pursuing math or sciences in the future.
- Talk about the different reasons to be good at math.